Saturday, June 21, 2008

My martial arts future

Well I guess every good blog begins with an introduction. My name is Brian, and love martial arts! How much you ask? Well I'm at the religiously watching re-runs of fight quest stage... yes I know there's no turning back now.

I've tried several martial arts such as kempo karate, but never stuck to any. However recently I've put my mind, and body back into the world of martial arts, and have been doing Judo for several months. I'm still a white belt, but I'm really enjoying myself. I've started training outside Judo as well. I made some investments in a punching bag, weights, and have completely changed my eating habits to get my body in peak conditions.

So I guess I have to set goals right? Well I'm young, and competitive, and I like sporting aspects of martial arts. I want to try as many martial arts as I can, and have been thinking of taking a brief trip to Thailand to train in some Muay Thai (I like the eight limbs theory). Also I've been thinking of taking up Kyokushin Karate or kickboxing this Summer. I consider myself a much better grappler, and really want to work on my striking to become well rounded. I want to train until someday, I may feel complete enough to join an mma gym, and compete in a small promotion. If I can complete that maybe I'll set bigger goals, but I shouldn't bite off more then I can chew. My real goal however is to learn as much as I can, see as much as I can, and become the ultimate warrior.

1 comment:

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

Brian, I think everyone who gets involved in martial arts ends up obsessed - or at least it seems so lately everywhere I look. But then again, that may just be me...you know how that phenomenon of pregnant women all of a sudden noticing pregnant women all the time...yeah, it's kinda like that. I'd like to add your blog to my blogroll. Is that okay with you? Good luck to you in your new endeavors - both m.a. and your blog!